Marine First Aid
CPR Response Plus is an authorized provider of Canadian Red Cross First Aid & CPR Programs.
CPR Response Plus offer 3-year certification in Marine Basic First Aid & CPR Level C, equivalent to Standard First Aid & CPR Level C, and AED, and a Transport Canada certification in Marine Basic First Aid. This comprehensive two-day course designed to meet the needs of those expected to provide first aid in a marine environment. The course meets the requirements of Transport Canada outlined in Transport Publication (TP) 13008 E. The course is recommended for anyone who wants to obtain a rating certificate, endorsement or who wants to obtain a Master or Chief Mate Limited certificate and for the person designated to provide first aid on board a vessel engaged on a near coastal voyage, class 2 or sheltered waters voyage.
Marine Basic First Aid
- Traditional In-Class:16 hours
- Requirements: To obtain certification 100% attendance is mandatory. Participants are expected to successfully demonstrate the required skills, and complete a written, closed book knowledge evaluation with a passing grade of 75% minimum.
- Certification: Marine Basic First Aid & CPR/AED Level C (+)
- Transport Canada Certification in Marine Basic First Aid
- Certificates are issued by the Canadian Red Cross and are valid for 3-years.
- Course Content:
- Assessment of needs of ill or injured persons and threats to own safety
- Appreciation of body structure and functions
- Positioning of person
- The unconscious person
- Resuscitation techniques (including CPR C)
- Control bleeding
- Management of shock
- Burns, scalds, and injuries caused by electricity
- Rescue and transport of person
- Other topics including improvising bandages, rescue in confined spaces, infectious diseases, and personal health and hygiene